Ms. Roeder

Sunday, September 27, 2009

So since my last post I started teaching Kindergarten at Ocean Beach Elementary School. I am only a student teacher so its not a permanent position but I already love it! With a some what rocky start we are now in full swing. . .kids pee peeing their pants and barfing in buckets is now going on my list of qualifications on my resume. Within the first two days of school there were 3 "accidents" aka kids wet their pants b/c they were too scared to ask to go to the bathroom, my teacher would be intimidating to 5 year olds. Then the first time I have sole control of the class one kid decides to get sick thankfully I multitasked the situation and found him a nice trash can. I love my kids they are the best group ever. . .we have several english language learners which all present a unique challenge needless to say my 4 plus years of spanish are coming in handy aka I can manage 2 word phrases and hand gestures. One student said on the first day "this is kinda boring . . just a little bit" this was after he asked "Can I go home now?" I knew it was going to be a long year for him lol. Well I got some lesson plans to write but that is basically the day in the life of Ms. Roeder, for the most part ;)

Comments

3 Responses to “Ms. Roeder”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

its about time we get an update..

just as i wrote this... i realized my blog is in desperate need of an update..

welcome to the world of teaching! i've had the same problems in my class!

one of my kids threw up on his desk last year (7th Grader)... he did it so quietly... ick!

love it! kids are so funny!

hey dude, i have a blog too. cool cool. i like yours I think i'm going to update mine more often. word. -Blythe

 
While We're Young and Beautiful. Citrus Pink Blogger Theme Design By LawnyDesignz Powered by Blogger